Banks Power Monster Exhaust System 5-inch Single Exit Chrome Tip 2017- 2019 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 Duramax 6.6L L5P Banks Power48996
Banks Power introduces the new 5 inch Monster Exhaust designed specifically for the 2017-2019 GM 6.6L Duramax L5P 2500/3500 HD pickup trucks. The DPF-back exhaust system features constant-diameter 5 inch mandrel-bent aluminized steel tubing and a massive patented tip which virtually eliminates backpressure after the DPF and prevents trailer meltdown.
With the stock exhaust nozzle measuring 2.85 inch compared to the Monster Exhaust's massive 5 inch outlet, the Banks system offers a 192 percent greater flow area than stock. And, the Monster Exhaust boasts 85 percent less backpressure than stock, leading to more power and increased fuel economy.
The Monster Exhaust also provides a 15 percent reduction in exhaust temperature two feet behind the tip during regen. The Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) on the Duramax L5P is cleaned through a process called regeneration in which scorching exhaust gas temperatures can last up to 20 minutes while driving.
Unlike the stock Duramax exhaust which directs a prolong? d jet-like blast of super-heated exhaust gas directly at anything being towed, the Monster Exhaust is aimed out to the side of the truck. This allows ambient air to diffuse the heated gas, eliminating the risk of melting a trailer, which has reported by a number of Duramax owners.
Duramax owners can choose from two huge patented 6.5 inch x 7.5 inch ob-round slash-cut exhaust tips: chrome-plated polished stainless steel or high-temp matte black. And, unlike other brands, Banks' chrome-plated stainless tip will not turn brown with heat.
The Banks 5 inch Monster Exhaust (Part No. 48996 for chrome or 48996-B for black) fits all regular cab short bed, double cab short bed, double cab long Bed, crew cab short bed, crew cab long Bed, and dually models.
- Monster DPF-Back Exhaust System
- Virtually eliminates backpressure after the DPF
- 15 percent reduction in exhaust temperature 2 feet behind the tip during regen
- 85 percent less backpressure than stock
- Huge patented 6.5 inch x 7.5 inch ob-round slash-cut exhaust tip
- Chrome-plated stainless tip will not turn brown with heat
- Ob-Round Exhaust Tip Patent No. D558,111
- Made In The USA
- Sold As A Kit
- SKU: 48996
- 2017-Present Chevrolet Silverado 2500|3500 w/ Duramax 6.6L L5P Engine
- 2017-Present GMC Sierra 2500|3500 w/ Duramax 6.6L L5P Engine
- (Fits all regular cab short bed, double cab short bed, double cab long Bed, crew cab short bed, crew cab long Bed, and dually models)
WHO IS THE TUNER/CALIBRATOR
PPEI, also known as Power Performance Enterprises, Inc., is led by the business owner and lead calibrator/tuner Kory Willis. PPEI began calibrating/tuning back in 2008, specializing in Diesel Performance but has since expanded into the Gas and Powersports industries. Kory and the team at PPEI have set many world records along with continuing many industry “firsts”. We take pride in knowing that Kory not only prides his work, but also thoroughly enjoys setting expectations high for our team so our customers can have the best products available in the world.